On October 2, 2016, the state Government of Bihar launched the Bihar Student Credit Card
Yojana to bridge the gap between the state’s Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) and the national
average. Students completing their 12th standard can realize their educational dreams with the help of financial assistance provided by this scheme.
If you are a student from this state, you can avail financial aid for your higher education course
by opting for the Bihar Student Credit Card apply online portal.
The history behind the introduction of the BSCC scheme
In 2018, GER of Bihar was recorded at 14.3% compared to the 24% average prevalent in this
country. To reduce this gap, the state government introduced the BSCC scheme. It aims to
increase this ratio by 30% in the upcoming 5 years.
Benefits of the BSCC scheme
Benefits of having a credit card under the BSCC scheme are mentioned below.
● Loan for Education up to Rs. 4 Lakh.
● Students availing polytechnic and general courses can also apply for this scheme.
● Female, transgender and divyang students can avail credits with an interest rate as low
as 1 %.
● Financial aid can be used to fund any of the required expenses, including tuition fees,
● The procedure of paying down your credit card debt is lenient. In the case of extreme
scenarios, the Government can waive off your debt entirely.
● Repayment of such advances starts once students complete their courses and secure a
You are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below before opting for the Bihar
Student Credit Card apply online procedure.
- You are required to be a resident of Bihar
- You must complete the 12th standard education.
- Your age must be less than 25.
- You are required to enroll for a course at any authorized institute.
You are required to submit the following documents to avail benefits under the Bihar Student
Credit Card scheme.
● Aadhaar card of the student and a co-applicant.
● The latest mark sheet and certificate (10 + 2 or 10th whichever is applicable for you.)
● Certificate regarding free education or scholarship if earned by a student.
● Photocopy of a passbook of your financial account.
● Selection certificate from a concerned institute mentioning the course duration. If the
institute is located outside of Bihar, a syllabus is also required to be mentioned.
● Documents mentioning course fees are also required to be submitted.
● 2 copies of passport-sized photographs of a student and co-applicant.
● Address proof of a candidate including any of the basic KYC documents including Voter
ID card, passport, Driving Licence, etc.
For conducting the Bihar Student Credit Card apply online procedure, you are required to
go through these steps–
● Step 1 – Visit the official website.
● Step 2 – Click on the “New Applicant Registration” option. You will be redirected to
● Step 3 – In the new page, fill up the required details and click on the “Send OTP”
● Step 4 – Click on the “Submit” option for OTP verification and registration.
● Step 5 – After successful registration, you will log in credentials on your registered
mobile number and Email ID. You are required to go back to the “Home Page” of the
● Step 6 – You are required to log in to the website using the credential received via
● Step 7 – You are required to set a new password and re-login with the changed
● Step 8 – Enter your personal information and click on the submit button.
● Step 9 – Select the ‘Bihar Student Credit Card’ from the drop-down menu named
● Step 10 – Enter personal and financial information of both applicant and co-
applicant and click on the “submit” button.
This credit card is only meant for students applying under the BSCC scheme. If you want to
enjoy various benefits of a traditional card, apply for it from any leading financial institution.
The Bajaj Finserv RBL SuperCard is one such credit card that will enable you to enjoy all the
benefits of a traditional credit card and more.
They also provide pre-approved offers on this Bajaj finance card to reduce the time required to
avail them and to make the process hassle-free. These offers are also valid on numerous other
financial products including business loans, personal loans, home loans, etc.
The BSCC scheme has benefitted several students since implementation. Keep these points in
mind when you opt for Bihar Student Credit Card apply online procedure to make the most out