New Volvo XC90 (SUV) Launched in India
Swedish auto giant Volvo has released the new version of its SUV called XC90 in India in two variants price at Rs. 64.9 lakhs (Volvo XC90 Momentum Luxury) and 77.9 lakhs (Volvo XC90 Inscription Luxury); price being ex-volvo showroom, Mumbai. Bookings have already been started by the dealers for deliveries to be made in September 2015. The latest SUV by Volvo XC90 is a 7 seat luxury with extra innovative technologies for parking and movement of vehicle in narrow spaces. Volvo has pushed its safety envelop further with the new features of parking and managing SUV in tight spaces.
The XC90 claims to reduce the strain of managing vehicle in tight parking areas with its digital functions like Park Assist Pilot and Bird’s eye-view.
The high points of the new SUV 7 seat are its several innovative new systems which include the large touch screen display being replaced by the traditional central console. The Managing Director of Volvo Auto India, Thomas Ernberg says, though some competitors have placed above 30 buttons on the dashboard, the X90 SUV has only 8 buttons to make it appear less confusing for the users. Mr. Ernberg also confirmed of more new exciting cars to follow in the coming years.
The XC90 Momentum has keyless entry, electrically operated bootlid, panoramic sunroof, rear camera, hill decent control, 12.3 inch instrument cluster, park assist front and rear sensors, navigation system and panoramic sunroof. The XC90 Inscription has all the features of Momentum, plus air-suspension system, slightly different front grille, dual integrated taillights, heads up display, leather dashboard and seats with Nappa leather with ventilated front seats, Four-C Chassis. For the first time in industry, Inscription XC 90 of Volvo brings fully integrated air-ventilated sub woofers supported by Bowers & Wilkins music system; renowned British audio equipment company.
New Volvo SUV XC90 Features
- Volvo’s new XC90 is equipped with 2.0 liter 4-cylinder D5 diesel engine
- 225 break horse power with 48 kgm of pulling power
- Eye pleasing look with T shaped running lights which are nicknamed as Thor’s Hammer by the design team of the new SUV
- Luxurious interiors – crystal glass made gear-lever knob, diamond-cut controls for the star and stop buttons and volume control buttons, tablet like touchscreen control console, cozy soft leather and wood interior, less buttoned dashboard.
- One of the most safe cars of world with its new safety technology of an extended PAP – Park Assist Pilot. This offers automatic reversing the vehicle into parking bay, entering & exiting a parallel parking during which the driver will get a digital bird’s eye view.
However, the newly launched XC90 in India will not be enjoying the some special safety features due to the restrictions put by the government pertaining to the radar frequency. Till government gives nod to go ahead with the radar based safety features, the Indian version will be available with disabled radar-based safety functions.
Volvo is expecting to sell around 2000 cars yearly (to include 250-400 units of XC90) and will be consider to keep the prices competitive. During last year, Volvo Auto India has recorded total 1200 cars sold inn India and now aspires to sell 10,000 cars by 2020. The swedish car maker made its entry in India in 2007. Currently five models are sold; Volvo S80 Sedan, Volvo DC60, Volvo S60 Sporty Sedan, Volvo V40 Cross Country and now Volvo XC90. All these models are sold through dealerships in 14 different cities of India. The dealership network is expected to be increased from 14 to 20 before the end of 2016.